A downloadable game
This is a very basic 2D Minecraft clone where you can move, pick up and place blocks, and craft.
It was written in QBasic for MS-DOS/DOSBox
Size of the game with the required BRUN45.EXE bundled and zipped came to 28,606 bytes but the game alone came to only 8,192 bytes!
- Hit Q to exit
- W,A,S,D to move
- P to pick up blocks
- O to place blocks
- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 to select blocks to place
- E to open craft menu
- 1,2,3 to select an item to craft (item will be crafted when you leave crafting menu)
- To be able to craft an item you have to have the required materials
- You need 1 tree to craft a crafting bench
- You need 3 trees and stand on top of a crafting bench to craft a wooden pick axe
- You need 1 tree, 2 stone and stand on top of a crafting bench to craft a stone pick axe
- Crafting bench is only used for the wooden pick axe and stone pick axe
- The wooden pick axe is used to mine stone
- The stone pick axe is used to mine iron
- Download DOSBox for Windows, Mac or Linux : https://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1
- Launch DOSBox
- Find the folder where you extracted DOSCRAFT.EXE (A Folder on the drive root is normally easiest)
- In DOSBox type: mount E C:\Path\To\Your\Folder
(Where C:\Path\To\Your\Folder is the folder where you extracted DOSCRAFT.EXE)
- Now type: C:
- Now type: DOSCRAFT.EXE
- The game should run!
There is also a README.txt in the zip file with these instructions.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.